Aug 7, 2011

Siggraph Student Presentation@Vancouver 2011

I had a great time presenting at the Autodesk Student event this morning. My main goal was to show Softimage ICE as a tool that was useful for tasks other than simulation / particles / effects. The focus was on creating custom weight maps for shape rigging, as well as a control rig for managing dozens of face shapes. One of the goals of my presentation was to illustrate the strength of ICE in building tools for re-use in future productions.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have recorded about three and a half hours of video content on Camtasia for this event, knowing there was no way to squeeze it into a 60 minute time slot. I apologize, my vimeo site isn't really cleaned up yet, but the presentation is split into two parts There are 35 total videos in all.

The vimeo link is here:

The weather in Vancouver right now is beautiful. We couldn't have picked a better time to host an event like Siggraph and showcase our amazing province.